This Red Hot Metallic Lip Tutorial is Perfect for Valentine’s DayFebruary 07, 2018
What’s cooler than a red hot metallic lip for Valentine’s Day? No much else makeup-wise, we’d say. That’s where the new Maybelline Lip Studio Python Metallic Lip Kits come in — a new way to wear lipstick like you’ve never seen before. You start by applying a cream base, and you finish off the look with a metallic lip powder for a shiny — dare we say snakeskin-like effect.
Ahead, M Crowd Influencer and makeup connoisseur Julia Salvia creates the sexiest metallic lip look that’s perfect to rock this Valentine’s day — or well — just on a Wednesday.
Here’s how to get the look:
1. Start by applying Maybelline Superstay 24H Foundation all over your face, blending it in with a makeup blender to create an even base.
2. Next, grab your Maybelline Total Temptation Palette, and use the bronze shade to contour your cheekbones. Then, grab the golden shade and highlight your face with a fluffy brush.
3. Pick up the brown eyeshadow shade with a dome-shaped brush and swipe it into your crease and along your lower lash line. Next, pop the lightest champagne shade onto the center of your lids and your brow bone to add some glow to the look.
4. Using the Maybelline Tattoo Studio Brow Gel, fill in your brows with an angled brush or spoolie — be sure to give it a few seconds to dry, and then your brows will be good to go for up to two days (yes, really).
5. Next, line your upper lash line with a black liner and slightly wing it out. Set the black liner with the darkest shade from the Total Temptation Palette.
6. Coat your lashes with the Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara.
7. Finally, apply the matte red lip color from the Maybelline Lip Studio Python Metallic Lip Kit in Passionate all over your lips, and top it off with the red glitter shade in the palette.
8. Finish off the look by popping the golden champagne Total Temptation Palette shade onto the center of your lips for the ultimate heavy metal glow.