Summer makeup is all about looking naturally radiant. However, most of us don’t wake up with perfectly dewy skin. Lucky for us, dewy skin is a hop, skip and a brush away if you know what you’re doing and if you’re equipped with the right products. The key to mastering this look is keeping it glowy and not greasy, which is not always an easy task. Here are a few key tips and items that will make getting your glow on a whole lot easier!
1. Prime Time. Prepping your skin with a matte primer (not an illuminating one) is key, as you’ll want to create the perfect canvas for this glowing look. Since you’ll be skipping powder altogether for this look, you need something to prevent shine and oil overload.
2. Foundation. Now’s the time to get dewy. Grab an illuminating, lightweight foundation or beauty balm and apply it to your face, using a damp beauty blender or sponge. This will allow the makeup to go on light and smooth. If you need to cover any spots or blemishes, use a cream concealer and blend well into the skin.
3. Blush. When going for natural, luminescent skin, there are two things to keep in mind with blush: Don’t go overboard and blend well. Remember, you are going for a naturally flushed look, so grab a peach cream-based blush and apply it to the apples of your cheeks. Blend well with your fingers or beauty sponge.
Product Recommendations: Tarte Cheek Stain in Fearless, Maybelline Face Studio master Glaze In Coral Sheen
4. Finishing Touch. Give your face one last glowing touch. Grab an illuminating powder and lightly dust your face to set the look. Make sure the powder is shimmery and not glittery, as we are avoiding anything that will make you look oily (or like Rainbow Brite).
5. Don’t Forget to the Pout! It would never do to accompany your radiant face with dull, lifeless lips, would it? Top off your look by giving your pout some subtle color with a soft pink gloss.
Product Recommendations: L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Le Gloss in Golden Splash, Urban Decay Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss in Liar
Have you tried the dewy look yet? Tell us how you got your glow in the comments below.