We’re all familiar with the phrase, “Go big or go home.” When it comes to your eyes, we feel this little saying is especially appropriate. When our eyes are looking wilted, our entire essence is impacted. Makeup guru Emma Willis from Contour Fossa demonstrates how to keep your peepers looking big and bright via one full-proof makeup trick.
1. Dust the entire eyelid with a light/shimmery shadow. Willis used L’Oréal Paris Infallible in Always Pearly Pink.
2. Line the waterline with a cream-colored eyeliner (waterproof is works better on the waterline).
3. Apply two to four individual lashes on the outer lash line of each eye.
4. Use an angled brush to line the lower lash line. MDC Quick Tip: To get a “big eye” effect, apply the line just slightly (about one millimeter) below the lash line.
5. Brush waterproof mascara on the tips of the lower lashes.
6. Apply a volumizing mascara on top lashes, using a zig-zag motion as you pull the wand upward and away from your lashes (we recommend Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara).
What are your tricks for making your eyes look bigger? Give us the scoop in the comments below.
About the Author:Angela helps inspire and inform the Makeup.com audience by delivering the latest beauty tips, tricks and trends.
Get our top stories straight to your inbox!
This email is already signed up!
Look out for our latest stories in your inbox.
Something went wrong. We're so sorry!