Our beauty routine is always evolving. Case in point: The hair crimper that used to be a part of our daily routine hasn’t seen the light of day in the past 10 years (there was that brief moment in 2016, but we won’t mention that), and our rollerball body glitter is tucked safely in the farthest back corner of our beauty drawer — hopefully for good. However, there are certain beauty tips we’ve picked up that we plan on making use of for years to come. These tricks have helped us look put-together (even if we’re freaking out internally) in the face of many a stressful beauty situation and we are forever indebted to them. Read on for the 20 beauty tips we think every woman, no matter your age, location or beauty style, should know.
1. Use ice water to help your nails dry faster.
2. Make any lipstick matte with loose powder and a tissue. The powder soaks up the shine and turns your favorite lipstick into a pretty matte shade.
3. Heat your eyelash curler with a blow dryer before using mascara for longer-lasting curl. We picked up this tip up and a few others — and trust us when we say it’s a game changer.
4. Scrub away flaky lips with a DIY lip scrub made of coconut oil and brown sugar. Exfoliated lips are key to flawless lipstick application, so this is a step you definitely shouldn’t skip. For best results, exfoliate your lips 2 to 3 times a week.
5. Hold a business card behind your lashes when applying mascara to prevent it from getting on your lids. The business card catches all the excess to ensure your mascara stays exactly where it should be.
6. Fill in your lips with lip liner before applying lipstick to make it last longer.
7. Use hand lotion to smooth on-the-go flyaways.
8. Sleep on your back to avoid puffy eyes in the morning and wear a silk mask to really keep your puffy eyes at bay.
9. Fake a nose job using bronzer. Nose contouring has become popular as of late and is a great way to define your features using makeup.
10. Braid your hair at night for beachy waves in the AM — setting your hair overnight is the perfect way to save a few minutes in the AM.
11. Use bronzer to chisel your face — the benefits include accentuating your favorite features and warming up your skin.
12. Get a dewy glow by mixing moisturizer in with your foundation. It’s the perfect way to make a full coverage foundation a little more sheer and comfortable to wear throughout the day.
13. Use lip balm as the perfect stand-in brow gel.
14. Flip and spray your bobby pins for better hold. Make sure you’re placing your bobby pins squiggly side down to ensure your hair stays in place.
15. Use invisible lip liner to keep your lip color from streaking.
16. Use a toothbrush and hairspray to smooth flyaways — hairspray will hold your hair all day and a toothbrush will make sure your hair stays sleek.
17. Connect the dots for perfect eyeliner every time. This is a great way for beginners to get the perfect wing — it’s basically foolproof.
18. Use a tea bag to fix a broken nail.
19. Make your ponytail look longer and fuller by using two elastics.
20. Out of shaving cream? Use conditioner instead for a nourishing, smooth shave.
Have you ever tried any of these tips? What beauty tip do YOU think every woman should know? Tell us in the comments!